NEBRASKA HEALTH NETWORK
VALUE-BASED CARE AWARDS
Nebraska Health Network Value-Based Care Awards
The Nebraska Health Network Value-Based Care Awards honor an individual(s) who, in the previous year, strengthened the work of our accountable care organization. The awards recognizes an individual(s) for his or her inspiring leadership, implementation of innovative practices and their efforts to embrace and advance value-based care initiatives.
The awards are open to any individual who supports the Nebraska Health Network including physicians, advanced practice providers, administrators or clinic personnel. NHN employees are not eligible for the award.
This individual should support NHN’s five core values:
- Innovation: Nominee should exhibit a thoughtful, creative and innovative approach to value-based care
- Collaborative: Nominee should embrace opportunities to collaborate with the NHN, health partners and patients
- Community-Focused: Work of the nominee should support our collective efforts to strengthen patient care in our community
- Accountable: The initiatives, leadership or support this individual has provided should demonstrate a positive impact on accountable care organizations and value-based care
- Transparent: The nominee should embrace analytical data to continually look for ways to improve and grow the impact of their initiatives
Nominations are accepted throughout the year.
2022 Innovator of the Year: Stephen Mohring, MD
Medical Director, Nebraska Medicine, Internal Medicine at the Durham Outpatient Center; Medical Director, Population Health/Patient Centered Medical Home; Assistant Professor, Division of Internal Medicine, UNMC
Nebraska Health Network is pleased to present the 2022 Innovator of the Year Award to Dr. Mohring. He is an active member of the Value-Based Performance Advisory Committee and Board of Directors. His nominators wrote:
- Dr. Mohring is an integral part of Nebraska Medicine’s approach to rethinking how we care for patients
- He developed the infrastructure and strategies to allow Nebraska Medicine and NHN be successful in value-based contracts
- He is a key physician champion for Medicare AWVs and HCC recapture
- He is an active collaborator, and his innovative approach allows caregivers to operate at the top of their license
2022 William Palmer, MD, Leadership Award: Peter Whitted MD
Board Certified Ophthalmologist, Midwest Eye Care, Founding member of the Nebraska Health Network
Nebraska Health Network is pleased to present the 2022 2022 William Palmer, MD, Leadership Award to Dr. Whitted. He is an active member of the Board of Directors and founding member of the ACO. His nominators wrote:
Dr. Whitted is a visionary leader who helped champion value-based care methodology and the case for the Nebraska Health Network.
He serves as a thought leader for our Network, encouraging the team to think differently and collaborate across all specialties to put the patients’ needs first and positively impact the patient experience and cost.
Dr. Whitted pushes everyone to do more and think bigger.
He was practicing value-based care long before it was even called value-based care.
2019: Edward Taylor, MD
Nebraska Health Network awarded its first Innovator Award to Edward Taylor, MD, during the Spring Physician and Provider Meeting on June 11, 2019.
Dr. Taylor is a board-certified internal medicine physician at Methodist Physicians Clinic Indian Hills, and has been instrumental in using data to drive meaningful change.
“Dr. Taylor is a role model for how data should be leveraged to successfully manage the health of a patient population,” said Michael Romano, MD, chief medical officer for the Nebraska Health Network. “His passion for caring for his patients and maximizing data use made him the clear choice for our first Innovator Award.”